The Ford Mustang V6 Performance Package for 2012 has now been officially dubbed the “Mayhem Mustang Package” after a contest on Facebook to help choose the name. More than 3,000 submissions were received, and 6,700 users installed the “You Name It” app to help choose the new name.
“We saw great enthusiasm from fans, with tons of creative, unique names coming in,” said Brian McClary, Ford social and emerging media specialist. “The contest was twofold – it let us engage with fans by letting them have a say, and it helped build awareness for the package.”
Fans voted on the Mustang’s Facebook page, narrowing the submissions down to the top five, then the “Mayhem” name was chosen from the top five as the one that best showed off the personality of the package. The winner is a fan from North Carolina who will receive a new, 2012 Mayhem Mustang with a free, three year lease. The winning name, Mayhem Mustang Package, will be used on all sales, marketing and communications for the package.
The Mayhem Mustang Package includes the 305 horsepower, all aluminum Ti-VCT V6, along with quite a few suspension, braking and body stiffening upgrades. According to Ford, the 2012 Ford Mayhem Mustang Package includes:
- 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
- Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
- Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
- Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
- Unique 19-inch wheels
- Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
- Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
- Strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
- Unique electronic stability control calibration with sport mode for performance driving
- Unique badging